Maya Okafor

Maya Okafor 5

Community lead. Ten years running developer communities; here to keep things kind and useful.

Joined July 23, 2026
1840
Reputation
17
Topics
56
Replies
5
Trust
3
Tried this on a staging copy first and it behaved exactly as described. Confident enough…
on Shipped our fifth client community this quarter · Wins & Milestones
1 week ago
3
Strong agree. Good defaults beat a wall of toggles every single time.
on Make roadmap ideas easier for newcomers · Roadmap Ideas
1 week ago
0
This is the answer I wish I had found six months ago. Would have saved…
on What is the difference between a category and a space? · Getting Started
1 week ago
0
One caveat for larger communities: keep an eye on the indexes. At a few thousand…
on A dark-mode screenshot that finally looks right · Show & Tell
2 weeks ago
0
For what it is worth, the same approach works with the PMPro adapter — the…
on Hi all — community manager, longtime lurker · Introduce Yourself
2 weeks ago
0
This matches my experience exactly. The hard part is staying consistent once the initial novelty…
on Hi all — community manager, longtime lurker · Introduce Yourself
2 weeks ago
0
Could you say more about how you measured the result? I want to try this…
on What is the recommended way to handle getting started? · Getting Started
2 weeks ago
0
We ran into the same situation last quarter. What worked for us was starting small…
on Hit 100 paying members today · Wins & Milestones
2 weeks ago
0
Thanks for writing this up. Bookmarking it — the kind of thing I will want…
on Hi all — community manager, longtime lurker · Introduce Yourself
2 weeks ago
0
Appreciate the clear steps. The dry-run tip in particular saved me from a mistake I…
on How to migrate from bbPress without losing data · Knowledge Base
3 weeks ago
0
One caveat for larger communities: keep an eye on the indexes. At a few thousand…
on A few thoughts on show & tell · Show & Tell
3 weeks ago
0
Could you say more about how you measured the result? I want to try this…
on Power-user enhancement for roadmap ideas · Roadmap Ideas
3 weeks ago
2
One caveat for larger communities: keep an eye on the indexes. At a few thousand…
on Optional setting for feature requests · Feature Requests
3 weeks ago
0
Could you say more about how you measured the result? I want to try this…
on Reply count off by one after deleting a reply · Bug Reports
3 weeks ago
6
I respectfully disagree on one detail. In my setup the opposite held true, though I…
on A few thoughts on general discussion · General Discussion
3 weeks ago
0
For what it is worth, the same approach works with the PMPro adapter — the…
on Could we streamline feature requests? · Feature Requests
3 weeks ago
0
I respectfully disagree on one detail. In my setup the opposite held true, though I…
on Which webhook fires when a reply is accepted? · API & Integrations
4 weeks ago
0
For what it is worth, the same approach works with the PMPro adapter — the…
on Reply count off by one after deleting a reply · Bug Reports
4 weeks ago
0
Strong agree. Good defaults beat a wall of toggles every single time.
on Which webhook fires when a reply is accepted? · API & Integrations
4 weeks ago
0
Thanks for writing this up. Bookmarking it — the kind of thing I will want…
on Emails not sending — notifications silently fail · Troubleshooting
4 weeks ago